NJ Online Sportsbooks
Best NJ Betting Sites in 2022
+ $25 FREE
Total Welcome Bonus $510
100% match up to $500
Up to $1,000 No Sweat First Bet
Up to $2,000 no-sweat day + $100 in site credits
UP TO $200
100% Up to $1000
Current NJ Sportsbook Promotions
The best online sportsbooks in New Jersey offer a vibrant choice of deals regarding the types of bets, various bonuses, gift vouchers, and special promotions. There are many options, and everyone can choose and decide the most suitable.
If you have not had a significant betting experience so far, we advise you to look at more offers and options that might suit you. Of course, an online sports betting site with more benefits is more likely to attract more players who have a chance to claim additional bonuses and prizes by participating.
This fact is emphasized as the most important when choosing a bookmaker, and that is: Which NJ online sportsbook offers the best promotions? Everyone could ask the answer to that question for themselves because there is no incorrect answer respecting the following criteria:
In addition to the bonuses listed below, which are the most common for sports betting, there is the possibility of receiving other benefits. Namely, when big tournaments are played in popular sports, such as the World Cup or the Olympic Games, the best sportsbooks in New Jersey compete to offer better deals for desktop and mobile betting apps. Then you can enjoy a wide range of benefits, from increased odds to games that guarantee you a refund and even some free bets.
How Sports Betting Bonuses Work
The essence of playing at the best online sports betting NJ sites is to earn real cash. Therefore, prospective winners should always register an account. Unlike some casinos that offer free-to-play and demo modes, online sports betting rarely grants you a chance to play without depositing. Entering the members-only zone is a relatively straightforward procedure, and you need to take only a few steps:
Register an account by pressing the “register” or a similar button. This works like creating an account at online casinos in NJ, and you can also follow the links on this page to start.
Enter your records such as name, address, mobile phone, bank account, etc. We suggest you verify the account at this stage and avoid any further complications. As you will see, real-money sports betting operators in New Jersey pay much attention to their customers’ security and won’t risk registering any shady players.
The final step is choosing a unique username combined with an unbreakable password. In some cases, the site will ask you to confirm the registration by clicking the link provided in the registered email. After that, you will be ready to bet on your favorite teams and events.
As a registered member, you have the privilege to claim generous sports betting bonuses offered by the best NJ online sportsbook. Players can take a deposit-based bonus, claim free bet bonuses, or benefit from any themed or ongoing promotion. Still, before claiming any deal, we suggest you read the fine print to maximize your time and efforts.
Sportsbooks bonus terms and conditions
Although the terms for receiving the bonus are often similar at different online bookmakers, we advise you always to familiarise yourself with the section which lists them. Some sportsbooks in NJ grant bonuses when registering, some on the first deposit, and some on the entered code.
Also, when you receive a certain amount of bonus, you can bet, gamble, and make winnings with it, but to raise the bonus amount, you need to follow specific rules. The bigger and more attractive the bonus, the more complex the directions for rolling it over, so sometimes it is not easy to decide which sportsbook bonus is the best on the NJ market.
The most common terms you can find in a New Jersey sportsbook are:
- to turn over or play the bonus amount several times
- that the odds on events or tickets are higher than those specified, for example, 2.0.
Welcome Bonuses At New Jersey Online Sportsbooks
In the last few years, rivalry among sports betting sites in NJ has been growing. All bookmakers are trying to attract new players and to do that, they have developed numerous strategies. Some of the most popular are welcome bonuses for new members and tempting promotions that existing users require.
The best NJ sportsbooks are trying to attract new players and keep those already there. A free bet means that the bookmaker gives you certain funds that you can use for sports betting. For example, you have $10 of free bets and pay them at odds of 4. You make a profit of $40, but the bookmaker keeps $10, while the remaining $30 is available for you to withdraw or play.
Free bets are often given to new sportsbook customers. If you play the first ticket, and it is not won, the online sports betting site wants to help you by giving you a second chance and offering you a refund. That way, you get a free bet. On the other hand, to get a freebie in an online casino, you need to enter No Deposit Casino Bonus Codes NJ when registering a new account.
The most common restriction on free bets is minimum odds as a prerequisite. Again, this varies from sportsbook to sportsbook, and the minimum odds ratio makes up to 20 to qualify for a Free Bet. Another restriction could be that the sport or league you are betting on may have certain payment limits or expiration date.
Deposit Match Bonuses
The welcome bonus is the most common type of betting bonus. With this type of bonus, the best online sports betting sites in NJ are trying to attract as many new players as possible. The deposit match bonus applies only to players who open a new account.
Almost all NJ online sportsbooks have this type of bonus in their offer. The welcome bonus means receiving a certain amount of cash after registration and after the first deposit. Depending on how much you have deposited, you will receive a 50% to 100% match.
For example, if you transfer $100 into the online bankroll, you will have $200 available for betting, thanks to the deposit bonus. Like other bonuses, this one has specific terms to meet before you get a chance to withdraw the winnings. It is usually necessary to turn over the deposit and bonus several times in a particular timeframe.
Free Play Bonus
The best sports betting sites in NJ offer their customers another attractive form of bonuses. Free bets can be made as a welcome bonus and a bonus for already registered members. The rules of this type of bonus are elementary. The sportsbook gives you a certain amount of cash that you can use to place a bet without spending your fund. One specificity when placing bets with this type of bonus is that only the amount of profit is returned to you, while the bet you give is not refunded. So, if you get $5 for free play and bet on a match of 2.00 and a stake of $5, after winning the bet, your account will be increased by $3.
What Sports Can You Bet on Right Now in New Jersey?
Probably the first association with sports betting will be football. No wonder it is unequivocally the most popular sport on the planet, and no NJ sportsbook does not have NFL or college football betting bet on offer. Bookmakers also like to place bets on basketball, rugby, volleyball, handball, soccer, etc. Some are passionate about tennis, and some enjoy golf. Some are interested in billiards and cycling. Today, the community of e-sports fans is not negligible, and let’s not forget new online casinos in NJ that also offer sports-themed online casino games.
Without a doubt, American professional baseball is by far the most popular brand. The MLB league starts in late March and ends in September, with each team playing more than 160 games in a season that no other sport can match. NJ players base their baseball betting on MLB, but there are other reputable leagues where you can profit if you have the knowledge and valuable records. These are primarily involving the Japanese, Mexican and Korean leagues, while the sportsbooks in New Jersey will also offer the Australian Championship and numerous European competitions.
Today, it is impossible to find the best NJ sports betting sites that do not offer football. About 250 million people currently play football in over 200 countries tells you how popular it is. You can expect only the best and most diverse NFL betting options. You can ensure your winnings by predicting the player’s performance – the yards bypassing, yards by running, yards by catching, touchdowns bypassing, and the touchdown in the match (first, last, anytime, 2+). Please note that the player betting offer is available on the day the games are played, while the other odds are available from Tuesday for the next round.
Basketball is one of the most popular sports in the USA, so betting on NBA games is indispensable in all NJ online sportsbooks. Basketball is a fast-paced and unpredictable sport. For this reason, the prepared strategy is essential to avoid potential losses. The latest betting systems will allow you to be a part of the action in some way and make everything even more fun. With this type of betting, you must look carefully at all the match details and try to predict the result of them. The betting combinations are countless, and in addition to a good analysis of the match, a little luck is needed.
Ice hockey is an Olympic sport with a long history and many fans behind it. NHL is the most popular league, which consists of 32 teams. In addition to this, there are many popular hockey competitions, and they provide fans of this sport with an excellent source of entertainment. NHL hockey is an unpredictable sport that can always surprise you if you are unprepared. And what interests hockey bookmakers the most is how to bet on hockey successfully. Therefore, devising the tactics is crucial for betting on this winter sport.
College basketball betting
Best New Jersey sportsbooks offer you the opportunity to bet on NCAA games from all three divisions. That way, you can further increase the excitement accompanying American college basketball. Three hundred fifty teams compete in Division One, 310 in the second, while as many as 438 teams compete in the third. In the first division alone, over 5,800 games were played. This means that many matches are played during one season that you can bet on.
Academy Awards betting
Fans of the film and seventh art can make extra cash on their predictions of the future Oscar winners. One of the best NJ sportsbook operators also offers to bet on Best Supporting Actress, Best Original Screenplay, Best Visual Effects, and Best Animated Feature Film. You can even refer to the analysis of all the guild and critical awards that the nominated films have already received before the Oscars and thus calculate which contestants have the best chances.
5 Sports Betting Tips for NJ Players
We will now offer a couple of helpful betting tools, but not a way to get rich quickly. It takes time and energy to become a better player. Few people live solely from betting, so they immediately forget about unrealistic ambitions. Start slowly, and then see if you can change the pace.
- Probability is sexy: Astrology, looking into a cup, and Nostradamus are lies and deceptions. No one can predict the future. Only if you are a mobster and have the opportunity to bribe a player or, even better, a goalkeeper can you “predict” how a match may end. Even the biggest favorites can lose, so nothing is certain. Don’t bet before you see the odds. Otherwise, you will surely fail. Not every time, but failures and losses are specific in the long run. It is essential always to compare the odds and the probability of the outcome, i.e., you need to use the ratio of these two elements. It may not be sexy, but there is no other way to make money. Play only what you think is more likely than the odds offered.
- Knowledge is power: When you bet, knowledge is the most important thing. You need to know what you are doing and be willing to find all the data you need. If you do not have the best insight into a sport, league, or competition, it is best to listen to experts. Always use the law of probability. With simple math and NJ sports betting apps, you can answer whether a quota is appropriate and whether it is worth betting in that case.
- Statistics are not enough: Statistics is a necessary betting tool, but those who set odds do not just use statistics. Therefore, if you rely only on statistics, you are not in the lead. On the contrary, you are one or two steps behind them. Quarters adjust the coefficients with the help of other important factors that come into the research. It is up to you to research and catch the weak quota day by finding out some records before them.
- Always think of your wallet: You can do all of the above perfectly, but things will go wrong if you don’t control your betting budget. “Money management” is a straightforward and clear expression that should always be on your mind. You must always know how much you can bet on a particular bet, and in addition, it is necessary to keep a record of bets.
- Be unfaithful: Bet on different places to get more choices and better odds. When looking for a new bookmaker whose user you want to become, find the one that offers the best bonuses for new members, but don’t let that be your only criterion. The most important thing is to be a bookmaker where you will play regularly.
Use your critical thinking as well. Ask yourself if you can always trust specific sources. Check everything you can twice, and remember – Nothing is certain. For example, a coach can bluff, and an expert can have wrong information – anything is possible.
It is impossible to know everything. You cannot have complete knowledge of a sport or league. If you want to bet on something that is not entirely familiar to you, you should listen to the opinion of people who are experts or who intensively follow a specific field, sport, league…
Full List of Legal NJ Online Sportsbooks
- FanDuel Sportsbook
- FOX Bet
- theScore Bet
- Hard Rock Casino
- Golden Nugget
How New Jersey Sports Betting Works
Whether you play at a betting site or use NJ sports betting apps, the choice of markets and options is comprehensive. Therefore, you can place bets on events such as:
- The winner of the match: The most popular way to bet is to predict the winner of a match. This is also the easiest way to choose between a home and away team. The winner is usually combined with other pairs, thus increasing the total odds.
- League/tournament winner: Before the season starts, you will have various ways to bet. If you have your favorite, this is a way to cheer for him at the same time and earn something.
- Handicap: The handicap represents the goal difference between the two teams at the end of the match. In ice hockey, this limit is usually 1.5. If you bet on a +1.5 handicap, the team must win by two or more goals. In basketball, Handicap betting implies the exact goal of the winner of the match and the difference in points between the winning and losing teams. New Jersey sportsbooks set the limit, and you choose more or less about it. If you are sure that your team will prevail, this is an excellent way to profit with a bit of fun.
- Betting on the result in hockey matches: Since we don’t see many goals in the games, some players see betting on the result in hockey matches as an excellent opportunity. When betting like this, pay special attention to the earlier results of the same teams. Also, keep in mind that the result is valid before potential extensions.
- Betting on favorite basketball stars: Betting on favorite players is a fun way to make a profit. For example, netting on basketball players consists of choosing a higher or lower number of points that a player will have about the previously set limit.
- Goals: Another smart way of betting is guessing how many goals will be scored at the match. Also, it is possible to bet on the goals of only one team or the total scored by both teams. All football live betting offers exceptional odds when you bet on goals in a specific minute.
- Live Betting: Respectable NJ sports betting sites online have this type of sports betting in its opus. Thanks to this option, you can play a bet wherever you are after the start of the match. The variety of betting options differs from one other betting site. However, many operators include a wide range of competitions, sports, and games available in this section.
What distinguishes a great bookmaker in this segment is the orderly updating of odds and fast processing of your bet. If you focus on betting live, making a profit is much higher.
Betting Restrictions in New Jersey
The NJ Division of Gaming Enforcement and the Casino Control Commission license and regulates all online gambling activities. According to the current regulation enacted in 2018, offline bookmaking and sports betting is still under certain restrictions. On the other hand, this rule excludes online activities at gambling sites. The Department of Law & Public Safety also emphasized that they don’t monitor the fairness and integrity of Internet casinos. Also, they have never tested a game, so they leave this part to the operator and player.
New Jersey Sports Betting Revenue
According to recent data, New Jersey surpassed Nevada, earning more than $1.5 billion in wagers based on online sportsbooks. They recorded more than $4.5 billion wagered in 2019 (the first complete year of legal betting) and over $6 billion in 2020. The figure shows that New Jersey handled 28% of the US sportsbooks market. More recently, in March 2022, New Jersey alone collected over a billion USD, which is close to the record of $1.3 in October 2021. We also need to mention the tax rate of 8.5% of retail and land-based revenue and 13% of online sportsbooks.
Is Online Sports Betting Legal in New Jersey?
New Jersey and gambling have always had a strong connection, so it really should come as no surprise to see Garden State leading legalized sports betting. As we all know, New Jersey initiated the case to the Supreme Court, which ultimately determined that PASPA was unconstitutional. They are the reason we are here and constantly raising the bar. While other states have trouble pulling bills out of the statehouse, New Jersey has stepped to the forefront and even eclipsed Nevada on several fronts. One of them is the popularity of legal betting. So, if someone asks is sports betting legal in NJ, the answer is Yes.
Pros and Cons
|Regulated online gambling activities.||Certain sports are hard to find in the offer.|
|A growing number of sports betting options in the State.||Not all payment methods are supported at betting sites.|
|Attractive and lucrative bonuses and promotions.|
|Compatibility with mobile devices of all generations.|
|A large number of sports to place online bets on|